Are you passionate about supporting women and families affected by Perinatal illness and depression? Do you have some time and skills to spare? Do you want to make a positive difference in your community? If yes, then we would love to have you as a volunteer for our charity.
Volunteering for us is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. You will have the opportunity to:
- Help others who are going through a difficult time and need a listening ear, a friendly face, or a helping hand.
- Learn new skills and gain valuable experience that can boost your confidence, employability, and personal development.
- Meet new people and join a supportive network of like-minded individuals who share your passion and vision.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself while doing something meaningful and worthwhile.
We have a variety of volunteering roles available, depending on your interests, availability, and location. Some of the roles include:
- Website volunteer: You will help us maintain and update our website with useful and engaging content, such as blogs, podcasts, videos, stories, and testimonials. You will also help us monitor and moderate our online forums where women can share their experiences and support each other.
- Local group volunteer: You will help us run our local groups where women can meet face-to-face and participate in various activities, such as coffee mornings, walks, crafts, yoga, etc. You will help us create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere where women can feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Befriending volunteer: You will visit women at their homes or in the community and offer them practical help, such as childcare, shopping, or household chores. You will also offer them emotional support and companionship. You will help them feel less isolated and more connected.
- Counselling volunteer: You will provide one-to-one counselling sessions to women who need professional help to cope with their Perinatal illness and depression. You will help them explore their thoughts and feelings and find ways to heal and recover.
- Advocacy volunteer: You will help women access the health and social care services that they need and deserve. You will support them to express their views and rights. You will also help us raise awareness of Perinatal illness and depression among health professionals and policymakers.
To become a volunteer for us, you need to:
- Be over 18 years old
- Have personal or professional experience of Perinatal illness and depression or a keen interest in the topic
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable, flexible, and committed
- Be willing to undergo training and supervision
- Be able to adhere to our policies and procedures
If you are interested in volunteering for us, please fill out our online application form. We will get in touch with you soon to discuss your suitability and availability. We will also invite you to an informal interview where we can get to know you better and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team of amazing volunteers. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of women and families affected by Perinatal illness and depression.