We are an organisation that supports women and families affected by Perinatal illness and depression. Our mission is to provide emotional, practical, and peer support to help them cope and recover from this challenging period of their lives.
Perinatal illness and depression are common conditions that affect up to one in five women after giving birth. They can cause a range of symptoms, such as low mood, anxiety, guilt, loss of interest, insomnia, fatigue, and difficulty bonding with the baby. These symptoms can have a negative impact on the well-being of the mother, the baby, and the family.
Many women feel isolated, ashamed, or afraid to seek help for their Perinatal illness and depression. They may not know where to turn or what to expect from the health services. They may also face stigma, discrimination, or lack of understanding from their partners, relatives, friends, or employers.
That’s why we are here to help. We are a team of trained volunteers who have personal or professional experience of Perinatal illness and depression. We offer a range of services, such as:
- A website that provides useful resources, such as self-help tips, online forums, podcasts, videos, and stories from other women who have recovered from Perinatal illness and depression.
- A network of local groups that you can join to meet other women who are going through the same thing and share your feelings and experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- A befriending service that matches you with a volunteer who can visit you at home or in the community and offer you practical help, such as childcare, shopping, or household chores.
- A counselling service that connects you with a qualified therapist who can help you explore your thoughts and feelings and find ways to cope and heal.
- An advocacy service that helps you access the health and social care services that you need and supports you to express your views and rights.
We believe that no woman should suffer alone or in silence from Perinatal illness and depression. We believe that every woman deserves compassion, respect, and dignity. We believe that every woman has the potential to overcome Perinatal illness and depression and enjoy motherhood.
If you or someone you know is affected by Perinatal illness and depression, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for you. You are not alone. You are not to blame. You will get better.
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our charity. We hope you find it helpful and informative. If you would like to support our work, please consider spreading the word or becoming a volunteer. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of women and families affected by Perinatal illness and depression.